Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I started to get into classic films about 5 years ago. Since then, my love for them has grown exponentially. It was Cary Grant who initially drew me in. It took about a year of obsession before I realized there were good old movies without Cary in them as well.

I like screwball comedies best but, after seeing Laura with Gene Tierney & Dana Andrews I find myself venturing into film noir lately. Although I’ve been hooked on Hitchcock since a HS film class, the fact that movies may not have the happiest of endings is something new for me that I am working on accepting.

Hopefully, this blog will be a way for me to express my knowledge of and love for classic movies because no one I know appreciates black and white (films & cookies) as much as I do.

Happy St. Paddy’s Day!

2 comments:

  1. hi. i am new to your blog but im a big fan. can you help me figure out the name of this movie? I can't remember the names of any of the actors or actresses but i know the storyline. I think the production year was late 1930's early 1940's. The story is a young girl of fortune living with her father. Girl meets boy. Boy is a philanderer and father disproves. When boy finds out dad cut her dowlry if she marrys him, he doesnt show on the night they are supposed to elope. Years later he shows up on her doorstep- broke. She pretends she'll marry him and then the night he shows up doesnt answer the door and the end of the movie he's banging on the door and she finishes her cross-stitch and walks upstairs.

    ReplyDelete